Let’s Add the Kids!!
A class isn’t a class without the students. Let’s get them added in!
There are two ways to accomplish this task. The first is actually the easier of the two, in my experience…
- Sign out a cart of Chromebooks for tomorrow.
- After students have logged on, have them launch Chrome.
- Using the “waffle” (panel of 9 squares/dots toward the top right of the screen) navigate to Google Classroom
- Click the + in the top right of the Google Classroom Screen
- Enter the random access code at the prompt
To the right of the title “Students” is an icon with a person’s head and a +
You can invite students to your class by deploying an email to them. This is more work for two reasons. First of all, you’ll need to input their email addresses. Secondly, students have to then check their email and take the link from the email to actually be added to your Google Classroom. They need to engage with both Gmail and Google Classroom to accomplish this. Using method 1, they are only engaging with Google Classroom.